Sometimes cancer is a rare and almost unknown disease. Now, doctors have more and more patients. It is shocking that there are many different types of cancers today, and cancer detection is often a difficult task.
One of the most common cancers is skin cancer.. Most of this is due to people not taking care of themselves and not being protected by the sun. It is important to remember that if skin cancer is caught early, it can be cured.
What is skin cancer?
When abnormal skin cells grow uncontrollably, it is called melanoma. This type of cancer occurs when the DNA in skin cells is damaged and not repaired. This can cause mutations. Genetic susceptibility can also lead to tumors and malignancies.
Why skin cancer needs immediate treatment:
If the disease is detected at an early stage, cancer treatment is relatively simple. Even eradicate. It also ensures that the disease does not spread to other parts of the body.
Get treatment early. It is important to learn to check your skin. This will enable you to detect the disease early.
What types of cancer are there?
Determining the type of cancer is the most important step when treating skin cancer. There are three types of skin cancer.
Basal cell carcinoma (BCC):
This is probably the most common type of skin cancer. In fact, it is more common than other types of skin cancer. This cancer is caused by basal cells. It actually exists in the deep layers of the epidermis. The initial manifestation may be an unhealable lump or sore. It can also manifest as a red rash. In most cases, areas of the skin that are regularly exposed to the sun, such as the face, ears, and scalp, are affected by basal cell carcinoma. If the disease is detected early, it can be cured..
Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC):
This type of cancer starts in squamous cells and also damages the epidermis. This condition may manifest as scaly or peeling skin. The area may become red and inflamed. Although this disease often occurs in areas that have been exposed to the sun, there may be swelling that does not go away. However, they can appear anywhere on the body.. With early treatment, the disease can stop its spread.
This is the deadliest type of skin cancer caused by pigment cells in the skin. If the disease is not diagnosed in time, it may lead to death. However, this type of cancer can be treated and cured with minor surgery. But if skin cancer starts to spread throughout the body, treatment can be a very difficult task.
What are the main treatments for skin cancer?
If the disease is detected early, certain procedures and treatments can cure cancer. Commonly used procedures include:
- Major local resection: Surgical removal of the tumor while removing a small part of the tissue around the tumor.
- Mohs surgery: remove skin cancer very precisely.
- Cryosurgery: The tumor is destroyed by cryosurgery.
- Laser surgery: Use laser to evaporate cancer cells.
- Scraping and drying: Skin cancer is removed by methods such as scraping and cauterization.
- Local chemotherapy: prescription drugs in the form of lotions or creams should be applied to cancerous skin.
- Laser treatment of precancerous melanoma: Laser is used to remove skin diseases that may eventually develop into melanoma.
- Light therapy for precancerous tumors: a special drug called photosensitivity. It is combined with light therapy to eliminate defective cells.
What are the main advantages and disadvantages?
Here is how to do it:
- Minimize sun exposure. Especially between 10:00 and 14:00 when the sun is stronger.
- Wear clothes that can protect you from the sun.. Includes sunglasses and sombrero
- Make sure to use sunscreen regularly and choose a sunscreen that blocks UVA and UVB rays.
- Avoid tanning beds. Tanning beds and as many tanning equipment as possible
- Learn to recognize the ABCDE of malignant skin cancer lesions:
B: Border irregularity
C: Colour variability
D: Diameter increase
E: Evolving nature
- If you find lesions or skin blemishes, it is best to see a dermatologist immediately.
- The following are what you should avoid:
- If you find signs of skin cancer, don’t ignore it and see a doctor.
- Instead of going to a family doctor, go to a dermatologist. Because your doctor may give you better advice.
- If you are diagnosed with skin cancer, please feel free to ask questions and seek treatment.